Sunday 24 April 2011

Under my leadership, Seychelles will never be left behind. Under my direction, we shall ensure victory for Seychelles

James Michel has promised and has Delivered!

image

We have also heard much talk about the relations that Seychelles enjoys with its privileged partners. It bothers them that these countries or organisations are giving us grants or loans.

Some people ask why Seychelles is receiving all these grants. I am even accused of selling Seychelles to foreign countries. They asked why India has recently offered an aircraft for our Coast Guard, and an IT Centre. Why is China building schools, hospitals and houses, the National Assembly building, and soon the Judiciary building? Why is the European Union continuing to help us in the fisheries sector, and more recently in the battle against piracy? Why has Abu Dhabi so generously offered us assistance worth over US$150M – for housing projects, a naval base, radar system, diagnostic centre, 40 buses, facilities for information technology education, electricity generators, wind farms, and others? Does this mean I am
selling Seychelles to foreign countries? Are these donations for me personally, or for all the people of Seychelles?

Why would these partners not help Seychelles? Is it because Seychelles does not deserve to have friendly countries who appreciate it and want to help it? Why should we be left behind? For as long as I lead this country, for as long as I exhort Seychellois to get up and strive for themselves, I shall also get up and strive for Seychelles. I shall continue to look for what’s best for our people. Under my leadership, Seychelles will never be left behind. Under my direction, we shall ensure victory for Seychelles.

No comments:

Post a Comment