Wednesday 18 May 2011

Lekel Voler?

David Pierre i ekrir Ramkalawan en let

3rd May 2011

Mr Wavel Ramkalawan
Leader of Seychelles National Party
Arpan Ver

Wavel,
Through this letter, I present my resignation as Deputy Secretary General of the Seychelles National Party. I am also resigning as ordinary member of the Party, and today, I am submitting my resignation letter as Member of the National Assembly to the Speaker.
As Deputy Secretary General, I have observed that within the leadership of our Party, there is mistrust. I was not consulted on your choice of candidate for Running Mate.
The management of SNP is in a deplorable state. Its financial management is in the same state. When you travelled to England, nobody was informed. What you received - no one knows.
You speak about democracy but within the SNP, we do not practice democracy. You have presented your manifesto with a lot of appealing phrases and words but we do not have a concrete plan of how to take the country forward. We have to stop taking the Seychellois people for fools.
Many have left the SNP. St Ange is no longer an SNP supporter.  He has opted to use his competence and strength to work for the tourism industry. John Lablache is no longer working for the Regar News paper. Davidson Barra, who used to cover our National Assembly deliberations every Tuesday, has also left.
When they left, you said that you did not need them. You treated them like “Judas” and you even said that they have been bought. The answer is clear. All who have left are men and women who now have a different opinion on what is happening in Seychelles today. They have refused to be controlled by anybody. They are free to choose their destiny.
Where I am concerned, now that the real change that I was seeking for the economy of Seychelles is here, I am ready to bring my contribution. I have decided to join my Partner to engage in a business venture.
Before you start spreading any rumours, I would like to tell you that, I am in full control of my life and my partner and I have decided to live our lives as ordinary private citizens of this country.
A man is happy when he feels he is not being controlled by anybody. A man feels free when he liberates himself from all forces who restrain his personal and professional development.
You must not continue to believe that just because I need to make a living that I will accept to be given food in a dog’s plate. I prefer to be free and lead my own life. I have my dignity.  I have the intelligence given to me by God and as a mathematician that has always believed in logic, I will let time run its course.
A democrat and a man of principles

David Pierre

No comments:

Post a Comment